Originally posted online June 22, 2016
It will not be long now until we depart for Norway and so I thought I would give you some info:-
- Remember to get your Norwegian Krone
- Pack a music stand
- Check hand luggage restrictions i.e. liquids, sharp objects etc.
- Make sure your suitcase does not exceed 23kg. Hand luggage must not exceed 8kg and be within 55x40x20cm.
- Make sure you plan your journey to the airport…arrive for 10.00 a.m.-10.15 a.m. at the latest.
- Bring something tartan
- Bring a top/hoodie that represents your home band.
- Band uniform:- black socks/tights etc-no bare feet showing for performances.
- Bring a light rain jacket/cag and sensible shoes incase it rains.
- Sun cream incase it's sunny
- Towel and toiletries
- Label everything
- You will probably think of other things
For those of you who do not have their Norway clothing I will bring it to the airport…Reply to me if you are still without your Norway clothing.
I am going to attach the final itinerary and checklist that I sent earlier just incase you need a copy.
Originally posted online April 2, 2016
(Please complete and bring to the course, or email to: email@example.com)
Originally posted online March 27, 2016
Firstly, can we wish you all a very happy Easter; hopefully you are all enjoying your long weekend and looking forward to the holidays and our upcoming Easter course!
Our course this year promises to be a very busy and varied one in our new venue at Strathallan School. The full postal address is Forgandenny, Perth PH2 9EJ. I have attached a campus plan of the school, and if you could print this out and bring it with you that would be very helpful.
We have Woodlands House for females and Freelands House for males. There is more information about both on the Strathallan website should you wish to find out more in advance. Both blocks have plenty of social space with DVD players, Sky TV and WiFi (yey!). The Freelands house also has a pool table and table tennis – but you will need to bring your own bats and balls if you wish to use this facility! The school is rather remote, so leaving the campus will not be an option this year I am afraid, but this shouldn’t be a problem as we have plenty of facilities at our disposal to keep us all busy!
Swimming will be available during the course, so feel free to bring your swimming gear! The school will not, however, be providing us with towels so please remember to bring your own towels! The accommodation is all single rooms, however, if you would like to be next-door to someone specific please let me know and as always I will try my best to accommodate all requests.
Registration will be at 1pm, and we can get into our rooms at 3pm, so we will start with full band set up and settle in before getting into our rooms and unpacked. We will finish the course on Friday 8th April with an ‘open rehearsal’ rather than ‘formal concert’ at 2pm, aiming to be finishing at round 3pm when you will all be free to go!
Remember to bring…….
- Instrument (!)
- Music Stand
- Swimming gear!
- SENIOR BAND – ALL MALCOLM ARNOLD RECORDING MUSIC FROM STIRLING
- Active/Sports wear
Any medicine should be clearly labeled and brought to registration at 1pm, where our first aider will hold. We have a fridge for any medicine which requires to be stored there. Hopefully this should be all the information you should need, but if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
If anyone has any dietary requirements please can you let me know via reply to this email.
Hopefully this should be all the information you will need, however, if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Originally posted online February 28, 2016
A wee update for you about the Norway trip, which runs from June 26 - July 4, 2016.
The flights are reserved and we will all fly from Aberdeen. I had hoped that some of us could fly from Newcastle but the airline has discontinued that route. If we have any travel issues getting to Aberdeen we can look into that. The accommodation has also been reserved with twin rooms, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a coffee break including fruit or cake. The only thing that we all have to do is make our own beds!
I am needing some info from you all.
- Can you all make sure that your passports are still valid?
- I need the dimensions of your instruments in their cases ie weight in kilos and measure height, width and depth in metric of the case please.
- I also need your polo shirt size.
- Could you also let me know of any dietary requests and medical needs that we should be aware of?
You can pay money towards the tour to Tom Allan at any time. I would request the balance of £500 to be fully paid by May 13, 2016.
If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.