Eight bands all set for Northern Counties contestMonday 28 May 2018
*PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF VENUE*
Eight bands from across Scotland go head to head this coming Sunday, 3 June, as Britain’s most northerly brass band contest moves to a new home, at North Inch Community Campus in Perth.
Competitors will be hoping to impress adjudicator Bryan Allen with their 20-minute entertainment programmes, in a bid to carry off the title of Northern Counties Champion Band.
There should be plenty to play for across the board, with prizes on offer for best band in each section, as well as for Best Percussion, Best Soprano, Best Soloist and Most Entertaining Programme.
Spectator admission for what is sure to be an enjoyable and varied day’s music making is priced at £6.00 (£3.00 concessions), with doors opening at 10.00am and the first band taking to the stage at 10.30.
The draw is as follows:
1. Perthshire Brass (George Annan)
2. Brass Sounds Inverclyde (Chris Mansfield)
3. Kingdom Brass (Paul Drury)
4. Lochgelly (Paul McKelvie OBE)
5. Bon Accord Silver ‘B’ (Jennifer Cook)
6. Dundee Instrumental (Robert McDonald)
7. Kirkintilloch Kelvin Brass (Charles Keenan)
8. Clackmannan District (Paul McKelvie OBE)