City of Discovery Brass Band was formed in November 1996 with the collaboration of brass instructors teaching in Dundee schools, their pupils and a variety of other local brass players.
The band's name came from the Dundee, City of Discovery Campaign who provided us with sponsorship in return for calling ourselves "City of Discovery Brass Band".
Since 1999 the band has been conducted by Bruce Fraser the noted and experienced composer, arranger and adjudicator.
The band participates in a number of concerts and contests throughout the year. Highlights in the band's short history have been performing at the National Brass Band Championships at the Birmingham Symphony Hall in 1997, the Nottingham Royal Concert Hall in 1999 and the Royal Albert Hall in 2000.
In December 2004 the band was boosted when we received an "Awards for All" grant from the Scottish Arts Council that allowed us to buy much-needed instruments.
Alistair Drew 7 Clovis Duveau Drive Dundee DD2 5JA
- Professor John Wallace CBE receives Her Majesty’s Medal for Music
- Open day opportunity for potential NYBBS players
- More bands needed for City of Perth salute celebration
- Whitburn legend Jimmy Graham’s lengthy service recognised by band
- WoS entertainment contest entry deadline looms
- New categories added to Brass Sounds Inverclyde slow melody contest
- The Co mourns death of Craig Anderson
- Host of awards for deserving players at Coalburn presentation evening
- Johnstone Band set for summer serenade
- Fife festival date and venue announced for 2023