Clackmannan District Brass Band was formed in October 1991 as a result of the amalgamation of the Alva Town and Alloa Burgh bands. Both bands were short of players and close to extinction until talks between their respective committees resulted in their merger.
Competition is one of the main drives behind the band. Ambition helps ensure that the players are continually striving to improve.
The band is keen to achieve as wide an audience as possible. Our concerts tend to appeal to music enthusiasts of all kinds, since our repertoire is most varied.
The band regularly plays at events for local groups and other organisations. The band puts on regular concerts for local Old Age Pensioner groups. In addition it provides musical support to local churches and hospitals.
Through its Ensemble, Clackmannan District Brass Band is able to guarantee the senior band's future success as well as providing a service to the local community. Youngsters are supplied with instruments as well as individual or group tuition. The Ensemble rehearses weekly and often appears alongside the senior band at concerts and fund raising events.
The band helps fund raise for local charities. In recent years the band has concentrated its efforts and "sponsored" one local charity - the Strathcarron Hospice. The band regularly donates some or all of its engagement fees to Strathcarron Hospice.
Since its establishment, the band has been financially self-supporting. This has been possible due to the following:-
* Support from Clackmannan District Council in the form of a Trust Fund.
* Fund Raising through playing at local events such as Gala Days and Open Days.
* Band Subscriptions, currently at ?10 per month.
* Annual concerts generate much needed funds.
* Band members get involved in other fund-raising events, not directly related to "music making". These have included Jumble Sales, Bingo Teas and Race Nights.
Tuesday and Friday nights at 7:30pm
Rehearsal venue - The bandhall, Clackmannan Road, Alloa
Anne McInnes 07845 499981
- Places still available for SBBA’s second online wellbeing workshop
- Delayed anniversary concert to celebrate 50-year milestone
- Northern Counties contest is cancelled for this year
- Edinburgh University band drums up appeal for marching percussion
- Ukrainian national anthem arranged for brass band by Alan Fernie
- Chance to see Clackmannan in concert from St Andrews
- Platinum Jubilee spectacular is unique opportunity for youth band
- Back-to-back concerts herald a busy season for Coalburn bands
- Kirkton seeks players to help out at Armadale Gala
- Opportunity to sign up for second wellbeing workshop